Turner Services Inc. seeks a Senior Manager, AR Securitization for the R2R - Expense department.
This position is responsible for leading the accounting of the Warner Media (WM) accounts receivable securitization program ($5B securitization facility that includes Turner, HBO, Warner Bros, Xandr and AT&T Mobility). This role assures the financial statements of the WM / AT&T legal entities are in accordance with US GAAP, tax requirements and WM/AT&T accounting policies. The position leads the month-end accounting process, coordinates activities with internal and external stakeholders and works closely with the WM/AT&T accounting policy teams on technical accounting matters. This individual will also work closely with WM / AT&T Treasury and Order to Cash (OTC) organizations to ensure accurate and timely reporting to third parties.
- Review monthly AR reporting deliverables and coordinate the monthly / quarterly accounting entries across all WM divisions, Xandr and AT&T Mobility.
- Work closely with WM, Xandr and AT&T Mobility divisional accounting, policy and reporting teams to design effective accounting and reporting processes.
- Provide forecast / budget guidance to WM and AT&T Finance and Tax.
- Ensure compliance with intercompany purchase agreements and bank covenants.
- Maintain a strong financial controls environment and compliance with SOX processes.
- Provide monthly / quarterly variance explanations for the income statement and balance sheet.
- Complete quarterly disclosures for external reporting.
- Prepare and communicate complex financial analysis directly to senior level executives in finance, accounting, treasury, and tax to provide program updates, discuss significant accounting matters and address ad-hoc requests.
- Manage extensive external and internal audit requests.
- Manage extensive Annual Bank Audit of the Securitization Program.
- Evaluate and implement process improvements on a continual basis.
- Participate in special projects including standardization and integration as needed.
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of accounting or finance experience (industry or public)
- CPA is preferred
- Masters degree is preferred
- Previous experience with AR securitization or complex inter-company accounting is a plus
- PeopleSoft or Hyperion experience is a plus
- Must have strong technical accounting skills and be able to effectively communicate complex accounting matters to individuals at executive levels in both WM and AT&T finance teams.
- Initiative, independent problem-solving abilities, ownership of work product, and strong leadership qualities
- Advanced experience with complex accounting matters and financial analysis
- A solid understanding of internal control concepts in a complex business environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.