The Manager of Audience Insights will work collaboratively with a team of Research and Analytics professionals supporting the HBO MAX, HBO, Cinemax, TBS, TNT, and TRU TV brands to help understand and communicate consumer behavior and consumption associated with HBO MAX. This position will be responsible for the creation and dissemination of key performance insights throughout the company to key business partners including Programming, Strategy, Marketing, Finance, and Distribution.
Candidates for this position should have strong media analytics experience, with skills in accessing large data sets, data visualization, and transforming analysis into insights to help guide overall strategy.
- Analyze and report on audience engagement and content consumption associated with HBO MAX and Warner Media Entertainment digital properties.
- Use analysis to guide development of key performance indicators both for individual series content and for the app overall.
- Oversee analysis of subscriber path to viewing, understanding key points of inflection on user’s journey that lead to viewing of content, helping inform product development and asset promotion.
- Visualize analyses for client consumption, including dashboard development and management.
- Responsibility for ad hoc analyses requiring deeper dives into data sets to support inquiries from leadership and other key stakeholders within the company.
- Communicate complex ideas/analyses in a clear and concise manner to partners to help guide business decisions.
- Maintain awareness of data quality issues, partnering with other teams to surface gaps/inconsistencies and communicate timelines back to the team for implementation solutions.
- Delve deeper into data sets for insights around specific topics requested by leadership
- Manage workflow of direct report while providing proper guidance and oversight to ensure professional growth.
- 4-5 years of experience in audience analysis for digital platforms, preferably for an SVOD service. Understanding of traditional media measurement tools/terms helpful.
- Candidate should have experience working with large data sets and an understanding of basic statistical analyses.
- Proficient with SQL, with experience in query optimization and joining datasets efficiently.
- Expertise with visualization tools such including Looker and Tableau, with skills in dashboard design and development.
- Familiarity with Snowflake is a plus.
- Passion for data exploration with ability to separate true insights from noise.
- Ability to teach/train effectively.
- Experience with traditional media measurement tools (Nielsen, comScore) helpful.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills, helping stakeholders understand the HBO MAX audience and their consumption patterns.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.