Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
As a Datacenter Engineer, you’ll directly impact the way we architect, design, and deploy the physical systems and networks that test the HBO Max client application. We manage and support both a large on-premise lab and the AWS and local systems that support it. Your expertise will ensure we can bring in new device types while following state of the art best practices. You’ll work directly with the engineers, designers, SDETs, and TPMs to understand their pain points, and how we can solve them.
- Design, implement, and support networks and systems that underlie our entire physical infrastructure. Your work lays the foundation for our continued growth
- Mount, cool, cable, and configure many different device types - phones, tablets, game consoles, and smart TVs. Anything HBO Max runs on, we get to play with
- Establish and refine our methods, procedures, and guidelines in the physical space. Drive us to constantly become better
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Network Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Have 5+ years of experience managing IT equipment, including physical installation and ongoing maintenance of servers, applications, operating systems and devices.
- Have 5+ years of managing networking or telecom equipment, including racking and mounting hardware, running and termination of both copper and fiber cabling.
- Manage large inventories of equipment and hardware.
- Cisco networking equipment administration experience, possibly including CCNA certification. You know the difference between TOR and Core Switches and understand how to diagnose and avoid routing loops, black holes, and other service degradation.
- Experience developing specialty mounting, cooling, and cabling solutions. Supporting a broad range of devices often leads to unique rack layouts.
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.