Click HERE to Quick Apply.
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
The Application Shell team is responsible for the technologies and tools necessary to generate and configure a reference design for all the various branded applications across HBO with more to come! We are looking for a Senior Engineer to help us to achieve our goals through investments in development patterns that accelerate and simplify development of all our supported clients.
As a Senior Staff Engineer on WarnerMedia’s Application Shell team, you understand the trade-offs between complexity, speed of implementation, and you make smart decisions to provide the best developer experience for our application teams. We are responsible for the shell of the Application that is used to tailor the customer experience for the various WarnerMedia’s streaming video applications across web, mobile, gaming consoles, and connected screens. Working on our team gives you the unique opportunity to build one of the best streaming platforms in the world!
- Design and develop tooling and infrastructure that allows our developers and designers power and flexibility in customizing the user experience
- Reconcile platform differences and provide a clean, performance and extensible abstraction layer for a variety of tv, browser & mobile platforms
- Improve the tooling and ease of development to bring future products onto our technology stack
- Mentor more junior engineers to help them grow their careers
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have 5+ years of experience in software development and a proven track record of releasing software
- Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
- Write great code and designs that educate your peers and set a quality bar for others
- Embrace standards where they make sense, and help evolve them where they need improvement
- Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interact with multiple teams
- Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
- Influence technology and process both on this team and across the organization
- Ensure consistency of your team's’ code and those teams you integrate with
The Nice to Haves
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Experience working on multiple different mobile/desktop/tv platforms
- Familiar with web front-end development workflows
- Deep expertise in building accessible software
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click HERE to Quick Apply.