WarnerMedia is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service which will bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia’s broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive and immersive content, distinguished news and entertainment reporting and much much more – all in one digital destination HBO Max!
The Vice President of Technical Program Management will be responsible for the execution of the Direct to Consumer (DTC) Technology organization’s roadmap, with the goal of delivering the new WarnerMedia Streaming Service (HBO Max) in a timely and expedient manner, as well as supporting HBO’s current DTC offering, using best-in-class Lean Agile delivery practices. The Vice President, Technical Program Management will oversee the successful delivery of industry-leading digital applications enjoyed by millions of consumers across the globe. This multi-disciplined, cross-functional leader will collaborate with key partners within the DTC Technology organization to lead the product delivery, process execution, and scalable, high-quality release cadence of best-in-class products, platforms, and experiences across Warner Media’s digital properties.
This position reports to the EVP of Direct to Consumer Engineering and Program Management.
- Partner with key product, design, engineering, and operations teams to develop and execute against DTC Technology’s product development roadmap, ensure alignment within the DTC Technology team, and deliver world-class digital products that tie directly to business expectations.
- Ensure that DTC Technology continues to bring increasing rigor into roadmap execution, PDLC optimization, and a release cadence that allows for continual product improvements at high quality.
- In partnership with other groups in DP, optimize the product development process from ideation through to launch, solving for throughput, transparency and collaboration, and ensuring product lifecycle best practices. Particular focus on these areas of increasing PDLC maturation:
- Portfolio management oversight – ensuring WarnerMedia resources are applied consistently and transparently against the highest business priorities
- Monitoring resource allocation & staffing levels across the entire team
- Developing and refining a process of project ROI reporting and oversight
- Constant optimization of delivery, in partnership with other organizational leaders
- Refinements of a department-wide vendor management and governance framework
- Oversee budget and drive enhancements to budgetary process across DtC Technology teams
- Oversee recruitment, training, retention, and organization of Technical Program Management staff in accordance with the company hiring process, policies, and budget requirements.
- Foster and create a culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across all teams that are part of the product development and delivery life-cycle.
- 10-15 years’ experience in technical program management or business operations in digital media with a demonstrated ability to manage and optimize business and technical solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in implementing Lean Agile development practices in the digital space.
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain cross-functional relationships; including remote team members and partners.
- Proven ability to work with a larger cross-functional team to define the team’s product roadmap, operation plan and detailed execution plans.
- Experience building and managing high performing teams
- Team player and willingness to work with other peer product leads to leverage synergies across our businesses
- Functional and conversant understanding of common digital platform capabilities including desktop, mobile, and connected TVs required.
- Fundamental understanding of web & app technologies and technical architectural needs
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with strong negotiation and decision-making skills
- Ability to create and deliver executive level presentations
- Must be able to travel as needed, primarily to NY and Atlanta
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or a related discipline, or 10+ years of professional experience in related field.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.