The Manager, Program Planning Operations is responsible for data stewardship within the inventory management and scheduling groups and will be a key stakeholder in report development/maintenance and in the integration and migration of data into new applications.
Reports to the Director, Program Planning Operations
- Collaborate with various WarnerMedia teams to coordinate the migration of existing data and processes to new applications for the scheduling of programs and on-air promotion; including development of requirements, data verification, workflow adjustments, and the transition/development and testing of operational reports needed to ensure continued availability and communication of offerings.
- Participate in the integration of all scheduling business processes, applications and reports for new platforms and business initiatives to ensure the integrity of program, version, rights, exhibition, burst, business rules, and schedule data.
- Prepare and review requirements for analytical reports and data sets and conduct user acceptance testing and training to ensure the department’s ability to support existing and new business initiatives.
- Aggregate and analyze program, schedule and rights data to support the development and/or expansion of content offerings on all platforms and facilitate strategic planning decisions. Address anomalies detected during analysis and assess impact on workflows and business outcomes.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in the creation and support of an enterprise data governance data model, including identification and verification of source fields and domain expertise for the relevant data and terminology.
- Participate in activities to support SharePoint sites and other collaboration tools managed by the department
- BS/BA (Business, Information Technology, Data Science preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in the following:
- Database Reporting/Query Tools, including SQL, PL/SQL, Business Objects, Tableau and TOAD
- Microsoft Office Suite with high proficiency in Excel
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.