WHAT WE’RE DOING?
The Digital Social Media (DSM) team at HBO is growing as we evolve our marketing to keep up with changing consumer behaviors. Over the past decade, we’ve built an exceptional team with focus areas in digital & social marketing, production, design, media, analytics and customer lifecycle marketing. We impact the competitive space by focusing on fan engagement via social platforms, driving tune-in and marketing technology, emerging tech (AI, AR and VR experiences) and creating captivating consumer activations tied to our programming and the HBO brand. As marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who follow us and love the stories we tell. Our DSM team has won significant awards including: interactive Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys, PromaxBDA, Clios, Shortys and many more.
HBO is looking for a Coordinator who will support the HBO Digital & Social Media Content Team on a range of digital content projects with a focus on content surrounding HBO’s programming. The Coordinator will serve as a resource for the larger Content team, assisting with clipping, interviewing, reporting, copy editing and proofreading, and aid in the development of content for the emerging technology space including but not limited to: virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, connected home, chatbots and the next big thing. He or she will take the lead on smaller-scale content initiatives in this area, completing tasks involving researching, brainstorming, writing, and competitive analysis. The role reports directly to a Manager of Digital Content, but will work extensively across the internal team and with external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in content creation, an enthusiasm for entertainment and pop culture as well as a deep knowledge of HBO programming, and avidly follows digital trends and new technologies. He or she is a creative thinker and a strong writer with a clear, natural style, a sense of humor, and can make even the most functional copy sing.
- Contribute ideas to brainstorming sessions
- Conduct interviews and gather reporting/information as needed for projects
- Read scripts and provide coverage or creative points of view
- Provide copy for promotional elements across digital platforms
- Copy edit and proofread
- Act as a resource to other Content Team members leading emerging tech projects
- Manage the overall flow and day-to-day updates of assigned content projects
- Conduct in-depth research and clearly summarize findings
- Rework documents and creative frameworks
- Traffic assets through internal approvals
- Write editorial copy for HBO digital profiles, including social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Collaborate with other Digital & Social Media teams, as well as stakeholders inside and outside the company
- 1-2 years of content/editorial experience, preferably in the digital field
- Strong communication (written, verbal, presentation) and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- A sound knowledge of the web, social media and related technologies
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, accountable, enthusiastic, able to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to balance multiple, competing directions and manage multiple projects
- Proficient in MS Office; well-versed in other tools and tricks of the trade
What we look for in candidates: passion, curiosity, business acumen, strong story-telling abilities, strong work ethic, innovative thinking, cultural literacy, emotional intelligence and positive energy
- We're serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
- We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
- We’re fun, diverse and passionate about doing good work
- We’re out-of-the-box thinkers and doers
Benefits/perks: comprehensive health + wellness plans, generous matching 401K, cable reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, on-site fitness center, on-site health center, on-site cafeteria advanced employee screenings.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.