The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at HBO enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all HBO affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: development, program management, testing, and design. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
We are looking for a hands-on Technical Leader with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to accelerate the efficiency of our engineering operations and implement scalable infrastructure on AWS. The successful candidate will work closely with product/project managers and development staff with a DevOps mindset in the delivery, security, and operations of systems across our entire media supply chain.
- Develop and support automation patterns and processes that enable teams to deploy and maintain applications on AWS
- Design and develop infrastructure-as-code for cloud native applications
- Build and maintain infrastructure for security, monitoring, logging, and CI/CD
- Work on architecture initiatives such as hybrid cloud strategy, container orchestration, and application lifecycle management
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs, security vulnerabilities, and operational issues
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative and agile environment
- 5+ years of established track record in architecting and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on cloud/hybrid environments
- Expert Solution Architect experience in AWS with focus on VPC, subnets, network access control lists, security groups, EC2, S3, IAM, Route 53, Lambda, ECS, Fargate
- Hands-on experience with Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes. Ansible is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with expert level knowledge of Linux/Unix, PowerShell
- Experience supporting microservices architectures with REST APIs, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Spring, Node.js, Java, and Python
- Background in network architecture
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.